Ensuring our practices remain in compliance with all applicable legislation
Health and Safety
Critical to protecting the health and safety of our employees, clients, subcontractors, and the community
Committed to continuously improving environmental management to support a healthy and sustainable environment
Certifying our processes and procedures meet industry standards and government regulations
PF Collins’ business standards ensure our operations are conducted ethically, honestly, and in compliance with all applicable legislation.
It is mandatory for individuals acting on behalf of PF Collins to comply strictly with anti-corruption legislation, including the Canadian Corruption of Foreign Public Officials Act (CFPOA) and the United States Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA). They must be honest and fair when dealing with customers, government officials, the public, competitors, shareholders, coworkers, and third-party subcontractors.
We are TRACE Certified
PF Collins is in good standing with TRACE International, an internationally-recognized organization working with businesses to raise anti-bribery compliance standards worldwide.
This certification demonstrates our commitment to transparency and conducting our operations in compliance with international standards.
Health, Safety, and Security
Our Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) Program ensures everyone goes home safe.
PF Collins’ HSE Program is an integral part of our day-to-day operations and critical to protecting the health and safety of our employees, clients, subcontractors, and the community. Working in a safe and healthy manner is a condition of employment. All employees and subcontractors must follow safe work practices to protect themselves and others. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Complying with company health and safety procedures
- Wearing required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Participating in HSE training
- Reporting unsafe work conditions to managers and/or supervisors
Our HSE Program is accredited to COR™ – Certificate of Recognition through the Newfoundland and Labrador Construction Safety Association (NLCSA). COR™ is an occupational health and safety accreditation program that verifies a fully implemented safety and health program which meets national standards.
PF Collins’ facilities maintain a high level of security, including alarm systems, 24/7 video surveillance, gate control, and after-hours perimeter checks.
Our warehouse is a Canada Border Service Agency (CBSA) bonded area and we are registered to the following security programs:
PF Collins is committed to implementing practices and continuously improving environmental management to become a model of environmental performance. A healthy and sustainable environment is important to all citizens, the economy, and the future. PF Collins employees, managers, supervisors, and sub-contractors are required to both proactively and reactively exercise environmental leadership through the following stewardship principles:
- Conservation and Pollution Prevention: to actively explore, create, implement and communicate new ways to prevent pollution and to conserve natural resources
- Cooperation: to build partnerships, inside and outside of the organization, whose goals are to sustain and enhance the environment
- Environmental Compliance and Risk Reduction: to ensure that technologies, facilities, processes, and operating procedures meet or exceed environmental, health and safety and other regulations that the Company has committed to meet.
- Sustainable Development: to recognize the fundamental interdependence between environmental quality, economic prosperity and social equity.
- Continuous Improvements: to create and achieve environmental objectives and targets and to review the outcome and identify and implement improvements for future activities.
- Communication and Documentation: to ensure that this policy is documented and communicated to all employees, contractors and our clients, and is available for review.
ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Standard
At PF Collins, we strive to consistently provide world class international trade and logistics services. Therefore, our Quality Management System (QMS) is certified to the ISO 9001:2015 standard. It ensures our processes and procedures are in compliance with industry standards and government regulations.
The objectives of our QMS are to ensure the following:
- Business is conducted in compliance with all application rules and regulations
- Controlled processes
- Employees have the training and resources they need to do their jobs
- Our clients’ goods are protected under our custody and care
- Customer concerns are given prompt response
Our Quality Management policies and procedures include the following:
- Monitoring and measuring customer satisfaction
- Controlling documents and records
- Reporting Opportunities for Improvement (OFI) and Non-Conformances
- Performing Root Cause Analysis of incidents
- Identifying Corrective and Preventive Action
- Managing subcontractor performance
- Conducting internal and external audits
- Conducting training and performance-based reviews
- Resource Management
LEAN Culture for Continuous Improvement
In addition to our QMS, we have implemented LEAN concepts within our organization and processes. In fact, we are one of the first companies in Canada to apply LEAN concepts – generally applied to manufacturing – to service processes.
The LEAN philosophy and Kaizen aims to eliminate waste in all systems of an organization by improving standardized activities and processes. Each year we conduct Kaizens on several of our business processes. Employees from each of PF Collins’ departments participate in the Kaizen process, which includes the following phases:
- Identify a problem or opportunity
- Analyze the process
- Develop an optimal solution
- Implement the solution
- Study the results
- Standardize the solution
Through our work with LEAN, we have significantly reduced processing times in areas such as invoicing, inventorying, contracts, and operational workflows.